Okra bharta is a very good healthy recipe, especially for diabetic people. Its simple and quick recipe is just perfect for all homemakers, students and also for office goers. It makes a good compliment to any meal. Everyone relish eating it. Do try this Okra bharta recipe. You will enjoy this bharta in every bite.
Okra – 100 gms
Onion – 1 small size (finely chopped)
Garlic – cloves (finely chopped)
Green chili – 1 or 2 (finely chopped)
Mustard Oil – 1 Tsp
Salt as per taste
How to make Okra Bharta –
- Wash and remove head and tail of okra. If using long Okra cut it in 2 -3 pieces.
- Put okra in a wok or any small utensil. Add water only till okra is submerged. Add salt and stir.
- Place the wok on low heat and allow it to cook until water dries. Turn off the flame.
- Add chopped onion, green chili, garlic and mustard oil.
- Mash and mix with the help of a fork.
Yummy and healthy Okra Bharta is ready. You can serve it with chapatti, paratha or rice. It can be either served hot or cool to room temperature.
This quantity is sufficient for 2 to 3 members of a family.
Prefer using small and fresh okra.
While cutting okra check its free from insects.
Do not add water in more quantity and make sure okra does not burn as the water dries out, it’s better to have some drops of water while turning the flame off.
You can use any cooking oil if desired but it takes best with mustard oil.
Do not add salt while mashing okra as salt is already added while boiling it.
You can skip Onion and garlic if you don’t eat.